Thursday, May 28, 2009

Elle's Fashionista Questionnaire & Interview at Dream Sequins



The lovely Deanne at Dream Sequins, recently interviewed me for her amazing blog, which boasts insightful posts on emerging fashion designers and independent boutiques... She frequently introduces me (and her readers) to beautiful labels I hadn't seen before, and often posts on some of my favourite online stores (although she sometime gets to visit the actual 'brick & mortar' store, of which I'm very jealous) and labels. Thank you so much for the interview and sweet words Deanne! You can read the interview HERE.

Elle's Fashionista Questionnaire

The amazing & glamorous Carrie of Couture Carrie tagged all her readers to answer a Fashionista Questionnaire adapted from Elle, and as per usual, I took forever to answer mine:

Who is your favorite designer?
I have to pick two: Dries Van Noten & Akira Isogawa (surprise, surprise, say those who visit my blog frequently).

www.firstview.com

www.akira.com.au

If you could come back as a dress, what would it be?
Akira Isogawa's Layered Bird Wedding dress (my wedding dress).

If you could come back as a model, who would it be? 


www.welovemodels.com

Junk food?
All Brazilian ‘salgadinhos & docinhos’: pastel de palmito, pao de queijo, coxinha, brigadeiro, beijinho de coco, ah this list is endless…

What are you most vain about?
My wardrobe...but can't think of anything I'm vain about, about myself.

What are you most shy about?
Receiving compliments, I probably come across as rude, as I blush furiously, mumble something unintelligible and change the subject...but I get incredibly shy & awkward.

If you could come back with someone else’s body, whose would it be?
Someone like Gisele Bundchen, as she gets to look the way she does yet still eat like a horse...

Who are your fantasy dinner-party guests?
Friends & family that are spread out all around the world (yep, it's still fantasy because it'd be so hard to get them all to the same dinner).

Fantasy celebrity one-night stand?
Ooh, I found it hard to pick someone, and not only because hubby might stumble over this…Ok, not a one-night stand, but a dinner-date, maybe with Hugh Jackman...he sings, he's charming, loves his family & is devoted to his wife...It'd make for one fun & entertaining date, I'm sure...would have to wear my Stella McCartney wedges though, I've seen him in real life, and he's incredibly tall!

Favorite place to have a drink?
On a beach in Bahia sipping on a caipirinha listening to Bossa Nova.

www.zonambulos.com

Underwear?
Stella McCartney’s 'Knickers of the week', so cute!

What can't you travel without?
Camera, inhaler, glasses/contacts.

Last book you read?
Barbican - The House of Viktor & Rolf (haven't read a book in ages!)

At age seven, you wanted to be . . .
An astronomer.

What’s the thing you find easiest to forgive?
Most things.

What’s the thing you find impossible to forgive?
Betrayal of trust (in major things).

Biggest self-indulgence?
Shopping.

Favorite place to shop [brick and mortar]?
Dries Van Noten in Marais, Paris.

www.nytimes.com

Favorite place to shop online?
Net-a-porter.

Whose diary would you most like to read?
Hm...not sure...maybe Oprah Winfrey? I would like to know what she really thinks sometimes...

Least favorite food?
Chicken liver.

If you were an inventor, what would you invent?
A decalorifier (just for me, in case it ends up in the wrong hands, haha).

Who are your favorite furniture designers?

My uncle, Hans Wegner, Arne Vodder, Hvidt & Mølgaard, Finn Juhl.


Left: Jian cabinet (uncle's design) & right: Hans Wegner Y-chair (also called the Wishbone chair)

Car?
Audi (mine’s a Quattro)

What was your childhood nickname?
My best friend used to call me 'cookie'.

When and where are you happiest?
Whenever I’m with my family, anywhere…

What piece of art would you most like to own?
My parents' painting of our favourite street in Parati (which I'm babysitting at the moment), as it always reminds me of happy times we had there...
Compare the painting with the real thing, we took this picture 20 or so years after the painting was painted (different season, and the greenery needs a bit of a trim, but stunning nonetheless...)


click to enlarge

What are your favorite vacation spots?
Parati (or anywhere in Brazil), and anywhere in Europe…

Most treasured possession?
Fashion-wise, my Dries Van Noten beaded & sequinned sandals.


Favorite fictional character?
Amelie Poulain.

Favorite musicians?
Antonio Carlos Jobim, Stevie Wonder, The Carpenters, Bebel Gilberto, Gotan Project, Rosalia de Souza, Nicola Conte, JT etc...also some Diva music (ok, this may be embarassing): Christina Aguilera, Mariah Carey (in her olden golden days), Whitney Houston (ditto), Beyonce (her first album)...

If you had another profession beside your own, what would it be?
Food (critic, photographer) or fashion (stylist, designer, buyer) related, or a singer (love singing, but would have to get over stage fright...and have a more interesting voice, rather than what my cousin calls 'a Disney voice')

What current trends would you like to see disappear?
Acid wash jeans…sorry to all the Balmain fans out there (I also love Balmain, just not the acid wash jeans)

Favorite trend of all time?
I have to pick 3: nautical, oriental & draped…

Always...Do right.

Never... Say never.

Awards

Thanks so much to the gorgeous Tina at Luphia and Stephanie from Yes Please Mademoiselle for your generous awards!

Adorable Blog Award
Unique & Chic Award
PROXIMITY Award
'Lovely Blog' Award

I would like to pass these awards to:

19 comments:

  1. 1st time to your blog and i'm glad i stopped by... of course i have heard a lot about it!:) i enjoyed your answers-- i love caroline ribeiro a lot too! wish she would go back to the runway more often. dries is also fantastic for me:)

    much love

    eden

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great answers! I too wanted to be an astronomer when I was 7 lol. You make Brazil sound like such an appealing place to be :) I wonder whose body Gisele would take on if asked that question?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I enjoyed reading your interview. I love Caroline and Gisesle alot too! and say no to chicken liver!!!!!NO!!!
    Hanh,
    www.life-in-travel.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ahh... thank you sooooo much for your blog awards. I´m happy, speechless and honored ;)


    I truly enjoyed to read all your Q&A!!!!!
    How cute you are also shy about compliments! I guess I still have to learn to handle them, too ;)

    HAVE HAPPY JOYFUL & SUNNY DAY WITH YOUR FAMILY!!!!
    Martina

    ReplyDelete
  5. Dries Van Noten is my favorite (top 4)!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Brigadeiro- I really enjoy read your interview answers. Dries Van Noten is also one of my favorite designers. His fall collection is so amazing!!!! I can't wait to see them all in person :) Hope you have a wonderful day.
    xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
    Nini

    ReplyDelete
  7. bueniiiisima la entrevista!!! eres una number one de la blogesfera fashion!!! me encanta tu estilo...

    un besin guapiiiisima

    ReplyDelete
  8. Congratulations on the interview! I love all your answers especially Hugh Jackman! I adore him because of his family values and I've never heard anyone said a single bad thing about him. xxoxoxoxo

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow - great Q&A! Thank you for sharing. :) Those Dries van Noten sandals are ah-may-zing!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great Q&A! i adore Dries Van Noten, too

    ReplyDelete
  11. I enjoyed reading the interview. Thanks for posting. Oh and your Dries are TDF!

    BTW, thank you for the comments on the Stella mesh shoes on tPF ;-).
    http://stylescientist.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. Preciso conhecer mais sobre Akira!

    Amei conhecer um pouco mais sobre vc! LINDA!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I adore you even more now, darling! Fab answers... I love Dries too, and the furniture is gorgeous!
    Congrats on your awards and thanks for the shout-out!

    xoxox,
    CC

    ReplyDelete
  14. "On a beach in Bahia sipping on a caipirinha listening to Bossa Nova."
    great!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I'm new to your blog and this is the greatest introduction to you! Fabulous! Dries! Netaporter...my danger zone! :)

    xoxo,
    Liz

    ReplyDelete
  16. oh you always do tags and questionnaires so well, with pictures to accompany and always interesting answers. That elle questionnaire looks like a lot of fun! i responded to your comment on my blog by the way, your opinion was very interesting, i'm eager to see what you think about my response.

    how are you?

    XXX

    ReplyDelete
  17. Thank you so much for all those awards, darling!

    Ugh, loving the color of your trench. Definitely unique!

    Bisous,
    La C.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Oh wow! I discovered your blog quite accidentally {I was doing some research online for a post I'm putting together} when I saw that you also love Akira - but more importantly - you got married in the same wedding dress as I did. Amazing, amazing, amazing dress!
    x dana

    ReplyDelete