Saturday, February 27, 2010

London Fashion Week Autumn/Winter 2010 Pt 3: Matthew Williamson & Mary Katranztou


Matthew Williamson


I first became a fan of Matthew Williamson in the 90's, with his beautiful attention to detail, fabrics and his eastern influence...I lost a little interest recently due to prints that I would not really wear, but this year was different...In the AW'10 collection there were beautiful vibrant prints, beautifully draped and tailored...For some reason a lot of his pieces reminded me of pieces from different designers/collections, the draped printed dress and skirt below reminds me a little of Balenciaga, the printed/ruffled grey top and nude peachy pinks remind me of Dries Van Noten AW'09, especially when combined with the beautiful silky golden yellow (possibly my favourite outfit of Matthew's collection), the pleated jackets remind me of Nathan Jenden...loved the simplicity and vibrancy of the blue dress below, and the peachy pink suede jackets in particular:








Mary Katranztou


Vibrant prints with a touch of Madame de Pompadour...





all pics from style.com

9 comments:

  1. Happy weekend, Brigadeiro!

    Love Mary Katranztou´s touch of Madame de Pompadour ;)
    The prints and style of her dresses are amazing! LOVE IT!!!

    Enjoy your weekend with your family!

    ReplyDelete
  2. the matthew williamsom collection is awesome :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really loved the Matthew Williamson collection too! Have a great weekend dear!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Achei seu blog bem legal!
    Comecei um blog agora e estava a procura de blogs interessantes e o seu está marcado aqui, adorei!
    www.trendfindersbr.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love these collections!
    I'm a huge fan of patterned dresses...

    Gorgeous post, darling!

    xoxox,
    CC

    ReplyDelete
  6. woahhh, love these pictures!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. these were probably two of my fave LFW collections. you know me and digital prints!!

    xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yes yes to everything in Katranzou's collection except possibly the last look... which makes a skinny runway model look... unbalanced.

    ReplyDelete