Monday, April 30, 2012

Yasmin Sewell - The Girl from Oz Pt 6




It was nice to see Yasmin back at the Fashion Weeks, after her little 'hiatus' (quite brief!), in which she, oh...'only' had a little baby boy (blonde and blue-eyed Knox Rocket Robinson) and got married in January to Australian Kyle Robinson, owner of wholesale showroom Paper Mache Tiger here in Oz.

When it comes to dressing herself, Sewell prefers a masculine aesthetic finding her style hereos in Woody Allen movies and icons such as Katherine Hepburn and Lauren Hutton. "I believe in a natural, unaffected beauty - a style that doesn't look like it's trying too hard. It needs to be relaxed".

"Honestly I think it all starts with the hair. If you understand what hair suits you then the rest will come together. I look ridiculous with long curly hair - crazy - but if my hair is cut sharp then somehow my look is balanced. If a woman knows what hairstyle truly suits her then the rest will come".

I haven't changed my hairstyle in years! Hopefully it's the one that suits me best...






wedding pics via harpersbazaar.com.au

For some reason I hadn't pictured such a feminine dress on Yasmin for her wedding, but she looks absolutely stunning! The colour? Perfect!

Below are snaps of Yasmin at the recent 'Fashion Week' season, gorgeous tailoring and glorious colours!












Gorgeous cut and colour on that blazer!

4 comments:

  1. Stunning and what beautiful wedding shots also

    Eda ♥

    www.candyflosscurlscupcakesandcouture.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. She has SUCH good style. That dress is spectac.!

    x Stace
    tee+fame

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh waht a fab post - i always love Yasmin - what a beautiful bride - and i agree the dress was a surprise - a really good one. And lastly - how killer are those shoes with the yellow jacket - stunning xx

    http://fashionandfrank.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm a huge fan of Yasmin style (both in terms of fashion choices and hair style!) and she looks simply stunning in her wedding dress! I didn't see many pictures of the wedding celebrations...thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete