Thursday, September 5, 2013

What I wore today: Current/Elliott Infantry Jacket, Chloe Susanna boots and Proenza Schouler PS11 and my (or Gwyneth's) Spiced Kettlecorn Recipe


Took the lil' ones to Playgroup today, they had a ball.  This is what I wore out:

 Made some popcorn in the afternoon.  I have been making this spiced kettle corn for years...since I first saw it on a Goop newsletter.

Yield: about 8 cups

Ingredients:
¼ cup unsalted butter
1 tablespoon canola oil
½ cup corn kernels
3 tablespoons sugar (I use coconut sugar, but you can use white)
1 tablespoon raw sugar (courser sugar), optional
0.5 teaspoon kosher salt (I usually use Maldon, but used Fleur de Sel de Guerande today - and a bit less than listed here)
1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon (I usually use more, and just shake it liberally over the popcorn)
pinch of freshly grated nutmeg, optional

What to do:
1. Melt butter in a large pot over medium heat.
2. Once  melted, add the oil, kernels and sugar stirring to ensure everything is well mixed.
3. Cover with a tight-fitting lid and cook on medium-low heat until kernels stop popping.
4. Be sure to shake the pot quite often to make sure the kernels are cooking evenly.
5. Remove from heat and immediately and pour into large bowl.
6. Add salt and spices, tossing to coat.

I am a huge popcorn fan, and have childhood memories of my mom making my sisters and I popcorn, putting them in a sheet of white paper rolled into a cone, and giving it to us on outings...Also, at the movies, it's more common to order caramelised popcorn than 'salt & butter' popcorn.  Brazilians sure have a sweet tooth!  As such, I practically never eat salted popcorn, and would pretty much never buy popcorn at the movies (here Down Under it's usually only 'salted').  So I make a batch, and 'smuggle' mine in, haha!
Outfit details: Current/Elliott Infantry jacket (available HERE, HERE and HERE), Glassons merino wool fine knit, J Brand black 811 jeans in Shadow (available HERE), Chloe Susanna black boots (available HERE, HERE, and HERE), Proenza Schouler Classic PS11 in black bag (available at Net-a-Porter HERE, HERE and directly from Proenza Schouler HERE)

all pics my own via my iPhone

Twitter + Facebook + Peut-être magazine (Fashion Writer and Editor) + Instagram + Bloglovin' + Shop my Wardrobe

7 comments:

  1. So jealous of everything in this post, love the bag and the boots!

    myblissisthisway.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. like the food pictures, but also the outfit with the boots,
    greetings from holland
    http://www.we-heart-fashion. bloglovin/facebook

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very cool outfit. I never tire of seeing that jacket and the Chloe booties. Both such classics with a little bit of cool attitude. Your popcorn pic's are so adorable. They have me licking my lips at the thought! I'm a massive popcorn fan too so I'll have to give this a go.

    x Mandi

    ReplyDelete
  4. Exploring this popcorn recipe with my colleagues today. We might make it tomorrow for afternoon tea. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hello!

    Sorry for commenting on an old post but I was wondering if you could tell me what the sizing of this jacket is like. I understand it's meant to be oversized but I don't want it to look 'sloppy' so would appreciate some feedback on the sizing :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sorry I only just saw your comment! Hm...Sizing is meant to be oversized, so I'd stick to your actual size, so if you're an AUS 8 for example, I'd go a size 1, I think. HTH!

      Delete