Monday, June 29, 2015

Much love for Kelly Love


 Every so often I discover a new label that I become very excited about, and such is the case with Kelly Love, which I discovered sometime last year.  London-based designer Kelly Love originally hails from Down Under, and prints hand drawn feminine yet contemporary etchings onto silk and cotton, which sit alongside luxurious outerwear made with beautiful fabrics sourced in Europe and the UK, predominately leather, mohair, jacquard and wool.  Now, you all know my love for beautiful textiles and outerwear, which explains my love for Kelly Love, and she does both so beautifully.  I am even more enamoured with her upcoming AW15 collection 'Blues before Sunrise' , which will be released in August.  I am waiting with baited breath, as I am seriously head-over-heels in love with every single piece.

The collection is named after Leeroy Carr's song 'Blues before Sunrise', which inspired the designer to explore the historical towns of South Carolina in the Deep South of America.  Prints of wildflowers, thistles and succulents on a background of contemporary checks wash over silk blouses and dresses. They are feminine but not overly so, sitting alongside heavy leathers, Italian Alpaca and structured tailoring to create a perfect juxtaposition of textures.  And the knits, oh the knits!  This is the first time Kelly introduces knitwear to her label, and the result is just gorgeous, beautiful knits like a hand knitted roll neck sweater and chunky cardigans in hues of nude pink, olive green, French navy, smoky grey and buttermilk I just want to snuggle in.

This designer is going from strength to strength, recently collaborating with Anthropologie on a capsule exclusive collection.

I have her 'Flawed Beauty Coat' and literally get stopped to receive a compliment on it whenever I wear it, I asked Kelly for some images of her upcoming collection to share with you all, hope you love them as much as I do.
You can find Kelly Love at:


Need this knit in my life...look at that texture!
 How beautiful is this print? Love!
 My beloved 'Flawed Beauty Coat' - the Italian fabric on this is just stunning, a lightweight (yet so warm) mix of silk and wool, simply divine!
 Fluid two-toned trench? Yes please!

 That print and that texture - match made in heaven.
 Ok, I keep tossing between the Buttermilk knit and this Cactus knit, perhaps I need both...
LOVE a good jumpsuit, and this one is just gorgeous!

pics above sent upon request by the designer

Me and my Kelly Love 'Flawed Beauty Coat':

The blush tones and texture on Kelly Love's 'Flawed Beauty Coat' is simply beautiful...
Hat: Sarah J Curtis, Boots: Chloe Susanna (available at Forward and Net-a-Porter), Coat: Kelly Love, Sweater: Super Youth
 Vintage hat from Millay Vintage

pics above are mine via iPhone/Instagram.

Twitter + Facebook + Peut-être magazine (Fashion Writer and Editor) + Instagram + Bloglovin' + Shop my Wardrobe

No comments:

Post a Comment