Tuesday, May 3, 2016

Travel Diary: My Queensland Roadtrip Part 1 - BRISBANE


I was recently given the opportunity to embark on a fabulous food-filled road trip with Accor Hotels from Brisbane to Byron with a group of amazing girls, which I couldn't resist saying 'yes' to.  I mean, you all know how Byron Bay is my happy place here Down Under! And food?!? LIVE to eat!

As soon as I touched down in sunny Brisbane, I was whisked to the Sofitel Brisbane Central for a fabulous French 'Sky Picnic': the hotel offers a service where they pack you a fabulous picnic which you can take with you as you explore the city. Instead, we got to enjoy the most dreamy picnic I've ever seen in their beautifully-decorated terrace, complete with French patisserie, charcuterie and delicious salads...Oh, and a glass or two of champagne...because as they say, when in France, or in this case, at a French picnic...

I felt like I was Alice in Wonderland...a wonderland of amazing food, that is!
Cheeeeeeese!
 I seriously had hearts for eyes when gawking at this spread! I mean, just look at it! Sofitel Brisbane's executive Chef Patrice Falantin sure brought everyone's dreams to reality with this picnic!
 Greedy? Who, me? I actually ate another slice of tart in addition to these, eeps!
Don't worry, I also had my fill of deliciously healthy salads! The quinoa chicken salad was delish!
After lunch we returned to The New Inchcolm Hotel, for an afternoon preview of their 'Girls Night In', the hotel' new offering, where we enjoyed manicures, cheese, and wine and chatter at one of their beautiful suites! Because we weren't full enough from lunch (not!).  Such a fun way to spend an afternoon! And a fabulous way to have fun with some girl friends! Am thinking this would be a great idea for a hen's 'night' too (especially since my little sister is getting married in August!)
 The New Inchcolm Hotel is part of Accor's M Gallery by Sofitel series of boutique hotels, and is a newly renovated heritage-listed building, that has retained a lot of its charm (with elegant Art Deco furnishings, beautiful tiled flooring, and even a fabulously refurbished old elevator that I couldn't help smiling in whenever I saw it!). Boasting 50 elegant room options, that include one and two-bedroom suites, it also holds Brisbane's first loft-style hotel two-storied suites (which is where I stayed), all beautifully contemporary but with elegant edge in this vintage luxury hotel.
After a little downtime, we were ready to party on with some fabulous cocktails at the New Inchcolm's elegant Socialites Bar, their 20's decor and ambiance, was the perfect setting for a relaxed and fun start to the evening. We kicked off the evening with 'The Socialite': spiced rum, pear and ginger liqueurs served with fresh pear.
After drinks we adjourned to the hotel's chef-hatted Thomson's Reserve restaurant, and were treated to a fabulous dinner by Chef Michael Crosbie, who has developed a menu that hones in on simple clean flavours whilst celebrating unique Australian ingredients.
 Loved the beautiful ambiance at the Thomson's Reserve restaurant..

This grilled wagyu rump cap, with glazed short rib, cider jelly and pistachio brittle, absolutely delicious!  The tasting menu offered matched wines, and instead of a wine, this dish was paired with a Custard and Co apple cider from Western Australia.
After dinner I rolled back into my beautiful suite for some R&R and off to the land of nod in this cloud of a bed.
And in the morning, it was time to eat again! Thought I'd order in to enjoy the beautiful lounge on the downstairs floor of my loft suite... 
Eggs benedict and brioche french toast with berries and toasted almonds, yum!
Well, that was after I ate some macarons I found next to my bed the day before...the Inchcolm Hotel sure know the way to a girl's heart!

Bag: Chloe Faye available at Selfridges (in the larger size too), clutch version at Forward, and at Neiman Marcus

Pyjamas: Personalized PJ's in the softest cotton ever from Keep it Personal
Love me an oozy egg yolk!

After breakfast we were off to our next stop: Gold Coast!

Watch this space for Part 2 of my Travel Diary.

All pictures taken by me on my DSLR and iPhone. ©

2 comments:

  1. Ahhh, dreaming of that bed, but not as much as the Byron Bay bed! So fun in a two level suite!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes! The bed in Byron Bay was soooo comfy! Wish I had looked to see which make it was :)

      Delete